Etiquetas

jueves, 8 de septiembre de 2016

LESS IS MORE Week 292 challenge!!

Hey everyone!

With this blog entry I want to take part into the Less is More blog's week 292 colour challenge! This week the colors to be used are those present in peacock's feathers. Love them!! The cards from the blog's design team are really nice, so I link the blog post here so that you may go and have a look. Other participants have already posted their works too, so please do visit them and leave comments there!!


Okay, so here's my card. I love the clean and simple stile "Less is More" always proposes, so the base of my card is plain white cardstock. I know the challenge is all about the colors and not the peacock itself, but as I had just bougth this little owl from Imaginisce I knew I HAD TO use it. I coloured it with watercolors, all purple, emerald, gold and turquoise. It is a cute cartoon this one! Then I just cut the watercolor paper piece into a neat square and stuck it with some foam tape into the card base, where I stamped the sentiment. To finish it up, I was tempted to add a few sequins, in emeral and dark blue -just like peacock's feathers!- because just a little gives the perfect touch to the super clean effect!!

Here are two images form the result, I hope you like it!!

3 comentarios:

  1. How cute! That owl is adorable, and the peacock feather colours really suit it. Great job of keeping the card clean and simple while adding lots of visual interest! Thanks so much for playing with us at Less is More :)

    ResponderEliminar
  2. What a sweet little owl and he looks wonderful in his peacock colours. The sequins are a lovely finishing touch and your design is beautifully CAS. Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Less is More.
    Sharon xx

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Thank you both, ladies!! Yes, since I discovered CAS style I totally fell in love with it! :)
    I enjoy playing with your challenges, even if I never made any of the work public before!! Thanks for inspiring me :)

    ResponderEliminar